Educational Expenses and Fees

Educational Expenses and Fees

These fees will be changed at any time by the decision of administration committee.

Students can request transcript for transferring credits earned in GMU. They can visit and get counseling for transferring. The transcript will be issued to the student or the institution the students desired to transfer in. There is a fee for issuing transcripts as described above. The fee must accompany the transcript request. The fee is charged for the research of student records and is not refundable when a transcript is withheld. A transcript will not be issued to, or on behalf of any individual who has a past due financial obligation to the institution until such obligation has been cleared. Other fees are not refundable once the request or the work has been done.

Schedule of Total Charges

The combination of tuition, fees, and associated expenses at Grace Mission University is considerable amount that it is necessary for students to carefully calculate their financial resources and costs. The following estimated student budget reflects the average cost to fulltime students for the 2011-2012 academic year (nine months):

Undergraduate (Based on 12 units per semester per year)

Tuition & Fees $5,280 ($220/unit * 12 units*2 semesters)
Registration and Student Association fee $320 ($160*2 semesters)
Room & Board $9,000
Books & Supplies $1,200
Personal / Misc. $3,000
Transportation $1,000
TOTAL $19,800

Graduate (Based on 9 units per semester per year)

Tuition & Fees $3,960 ($220/ unit * 9 units*2 semesters)
Registration and Student Association fee $320 ($160*2 semesters)
Room & Board $9,000
Books & Supplies $1,500
Personal / Misc. $3,000
Transportation $1,000
Total $18,780

Doctoral (Based on 9 units per semester per year)

Tuition & Fees $5,760 ($320/ unit * 9 units*2 semesters)
Registration and Student Association fee $260 ($130*2 semesters)
Room & Board $9,000
Books & Supplies $1,500
Personal / Misc. $3,000
Transportation $1,000
Total $20,520

Payment Procedures

For the general fulltime students, the total tuition per semester for 16 units is $1,890.00. Other students who are in special status will pay different amount of payment. Students are expected to make full payment of tuition and fees at the time of registration. The Dean of Academic Affairs must approve any payment arrangements. When a student becomes delinquent in his/her financial obligations he or she will not be allowed to continue enrollment.

Personal Checks

All personal checks submitted for any payment to the University for any charge or payment will have your student ID number written on them. If you prefer not to have your ID number written on your check, please submit your payment by cashier’s check, money order or when appropriate (other than “mail-in” payments) in cash. University staff will write student ID numbers on checks where a student has not already done so.

Outstanding Balances

As GMU is an educational institution, any balance owing on a student’s account is an extension of credit by the University and is considered an educational loan within the meaning of section 523 (a) (8) of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. If a loan becomes in default, GMU may disclose the default, along with other relevant information, to credit bureau organizations and turn the educational loan over to a collection agency for collection. Should this action be instituted by the University, there will be additional charges for reasonable collection of the balance due. All transcripts and diplomas shall be withheld until the outstanding amount is paid in full. An account is considered paid in full when all checks clear the bank.

Collection of Tuition

Students who enroll in short-term programs designed to be completed in one week, one term, or four months, whichever is less, should pay all tuition and fees on the first day of instruction.

For those programs designed to be four months or longer, GMU will not require more than one term or four months of advance payment of tuition at a time. When 50 percent of the program has been offered, GMU may require full payment.

GMU in this section will not apply to any funds received by an institution through federal and state student financial aid grant and loan programs, or through any other federal or state programs.

If GMU provides private institutional loan funding to a student, the student is not obligated for indebtedness that exceeds the total charges for the current period of attendance.

At the student’s option, GMU will accept payment in full for tuition and fees, including any funds received through institutional loans, after the student has been accepted and enrolled and the date of the first class session is disclosed on the enrollment agreement.


Payments to student accounts which result in a credit balance will be refunded upon request, or in accordance with cash management regulations as required by federal regulations for students having federal aid. Requests for adjustments to charges must be made within four months from the date of the student’s statement on which the charge first appears.


Tuition refunds are made for withdrawal from a course when notification of withdrawal is filed to the registrar. Students may withdraw from a course and receive a full refund any time prior to the beginning of the course or through the second week. The date that the official Add/Drop Form is received in the Registrar’s office determines the date of withdrawal. Failure to attend class is not regarded as withdrawal. Students failing to properly withdraw from a course do not normally receive a refund.

All fees are non-refundable. The following refund schedule is used for dropping courses and withdrawal from Grace Mission University.

Fall/Spring Semester (Sixteen-week Courses)

Withdrawal within the first two weeks of classes:Tuition: full amount, less non-refundable fees

Withdrawal after the second week and before the end of the ninth week of classes (60% of the semester) Tuition: pro-rated as of end of week in which student withdraws.

Week 3   80%
Week 4   74%
Week 5   67%
Week 6   60%
Week 7   54%
Week 8   47%
Week 9   40%

Withdrawals after ninth week of classes:Tuition: No refund.

Federal Student Financial Assistance Tuition Refund Policy

First-time students receiving Federal Student Financial Assistance are subject to the Statutory Pro Rata Refund as prescribed by federal law.

Interterm (Winter & Summer) Special Session Refund Policy

Official withdrawal from summer session must be made through the Office of the Registrar. Refund rates are determined by the date in which the written request for registration change or withdrawal was made. These sessions are not subject to Federal Financial Aid.

4 days special sessions

For Winter and Summer sessions, 4 days special sessions can be opened according to conditions or needs.

Refunds are subject to the following schedule

First Day  100%
Second Day  50%
After 3rd day  No-refund

In a three or five week class

Week 1  70%
Week 2  30%
After 3rd Week  No-refund

No course may be dropped after its ending date, and no tuition will be refunded if a student unofficially withdraws after the final day to officially drop a class has passed. Tuition refunds for class changes (where applicable) will be made in the same manner as refunds for withdrawals (i.e., full refund within first two weeks of classes and pro-rated refund after second week until end of eighth week).

Student Tuition Recovery Fund

Tuition refunds are made for withdrawal from a course when notification of withdrawal is submitted in a written form.

Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) is state requirement that a student who pays his or her tuition is required to pay a state-imposed assessment.

Assessment for the STRF

A student must pay the state-imposed assessment for the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) if all of the following applies to you:

1. The student is a student in an educational program, who is a California resident, or are enrolled in a residency program, and prepay all or part of your tuition either by cash, guaranteed student loans, or personal loans, and

2. Your total charges are not paid by any third-party payer such as an employer, government program, or other payer unless you have a separate agreement to repay the third party.

A student is not eligible for protection from the STRF and you are not required to pay the STRF assessment, if either of the following applies:

1. The student is not a California resident, or are not enrolled in a residency program, or

2. The student’s total charges are paid by a third party, such as an employer, government program or other payer, and you have no separate agreement to repay the third party.

Eligibility for the STRF

The State of California created the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) to relieve or mitigate economic losses suffered by students in educational programs who are California residents, or are enrolled in a residency programs attending certain schools regulated by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education.

Student may be eligible for STRF if you are a California resident or are enrolled in a residency program, prepaid tuition, paid the STRF assessment, and suffered an economic loss as a result of any of the following:

1. The school closed before the course of instruction was completed.

2. The school’s failure to pay refunds or charges on behalf of a student to a third party for license fees or any other purpose, or to provide equipment or materials for which a charge was collected within 180 days before the closure of the school.

3. The school’s failure to pay or reimburse loan proceeds under a federally guaranteed student loan program as required by law or to pay or reimburse proceeds received by the school prior to closure in excess of tuition and other costs.

4. There was a material failure to comply with the Act or this Division within 30 days before the school closed or, if the material failure began earlier than 30 days prior to closure, the period determined by the Bureau.

5. An inability after diligent efforts to prosecute, prove, and collect on a judgment against the institution for a violation of the Act.

However, no claim can be paid to any student without a social security number or a taxpayer identification number.

*Note: Authority cited: Sections 94803, 94877 and 94923, Education Code. Reference: Section 94923, Education Code.