Grace Mission University is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant alien students and to issue Certificates of Eligibility (Form I-20) enabling students to enter the U.S. with a student visa (F-1). GMU faculty and staff will help students adjust to academic life in the U.S., particularly if English is the student’s second language.


1. Complete the application form (available in the Office of Admissions) and submit it together with the $50 (non-refundable) application fee to the Office of Admissions. $20 (non-refundable) Mailing Fee will be charged if it is not picked up by student)

2. Submit a financial statement.

3. An official transcript must be submitted for issuance of an I-20. Transcripts from international institutions of higher education may require a course credit recommendation by a recognized evaluation service selected by the University. A non-refundable foreign transcript evaluation fee of $150 must accompany the admissions application.

4. Once an application and all supporting documents have been received by the Office of Admissions, approximately three to four (3-4) weeks should be allowed for processing. To receive the earliest consideration, an applicant requiring an F-1 Visa should submit an application and supporting documents according to the following academic schedule:

5. The Office of Admissions will issue letters of acceptance to applicants who have completed satisfactorily all requirements. Form I-20 A-B will be sent to international students.

* GMU will not issue a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) until the student has been admitted and has been financially certified by the University.

6. Students must report to school within seven (7) days after arriving in the U.S. or the I-20 will be void.

An F-1 student must remain in attendance at the university that issued the I-20 form a minimum of two semester before transferring to another school. A student wishing to transfer at the end of a semester must apply during that semester since the BCIS requires sixty (60) days approval before the transfer.

ICE Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)

Map of SEVIS Approved Schools

Approved Schools list (pdf)


I-20 발행에 필요한 서류 및 절차

I. New Student from Korea, or Other Countries

미국 대사관에 비자를 신청하기 전에

1) 입학을 원하는 학생은 GMU로 다음 9가지 서류들을 제출해야 합니다.
* 입학원서(영문) 다운로드
* 이력서 (영문)
* 졸업 및 성적 증명서(영문) (본인이 다닌 학교에서 GMU로 직접 보낸 것만 유효)
* 추천서 목회자, 지도자.
* 신앙 고백서
* 신앙 간증문
* 재정 보증서 (영문) 다운로드
* 은행 잔고증명서 (영문)  (싱글&부부 $17,500 이상, 부양가족 1인당 $4,000 씩 추가)
* 여권 복사본

2) 위의 서류를 검토한 후 입학사정을 거쳐서 Welcome Package와 입학 허가서와 I-20 발송

3) 입학허가서를 받아서 On Line에 들어가서 비자 신청비용 $200.00을 지불할 것

4) 영수증을 가지고 On Line으로 비자 인터뷰 신청

5) 미국 대사관에서 Visa 허가가 나오면 비행기표를 구입해서, 오는 도중에 I-94(입국카드) 작성.

6) 학교 등록 시에  I-20, Visa(대사관 발행), I-94 여권 사본을 학교에 제출한다.

II. Transfer Student Processing

이미 F-1 Visa를 소유하고 미국 내에 있는 사람들의 경우

1) 입학을 원하는 학생은 GMU로 다음 9가지 서류들을 제출해야 합니다.
* 입학원서 (영문) 다운로드
* 이력서 (영문)
* 졸업 및 성적 증명서(영문) (본인이 다닌 학교에서 GMU로 직접 보낸 것만 유효)
* 추천서 목회자, 지도자.
* 신앙 고백서
* 신앙 간증문
* 재정 보증서 (영문) 다운로드
* 은행 잔고증명서 (영문) (싱글&부부 $17,500 이상, 부양가족 1인당 $4,000 씩 추가)
* 여권 복사본

2) GMU는 전학 희망자가 다니고 있는 학교가  현재 이민국 허가가 난 학교인가 아닌가를 확인하고 입학 사정을 거쳐서 Welcome Package와 입학 허가서를 보냅니다.

3) 전학 희망자가 GMU에 오겠다고 확인해 주면

4) Letter of Acceptance (등록 허가서)와 Transfer Eligibility Form (학생 기록 요청서)을 전학 희망자가 다니고 있는 학교로 E-Mail로 보낸 후 확인 전화

5) 며칠 후 우리 학교 SEVIS Log in Page에서 학생 기록이 우리 학교로 옮겨졌나 확인 (Draft)